Saturday, September 20, 2008

Once Upon A Potty

For those of you who don't remember, Sophia is potty training. She was doing great but then went through a "NO" stage. Now she is back to wanting to sit on the potty but she wants to do it in the kitchen. Apparently the bathroom in the hall was too far away for her. She does sit on it for long periods of time and the downstairs bathroom is pretty dark and small. So, I let her bring it into the kitchen area. At first it turned out great because when I saw her get 'the look' on her face that she was going to poop, I could quickly get her on the potty. We were having lots of success. Well, then we got the movie "Once Upon a Potty". It is very cute but now Sophia wants to watch it while she sits on the potty. As a result, I know the movie and "The Potty Song" by heart. I even caught myself singing it at the grocery store! I thought it was wonderful at first because she was then motivated to sit on the potty. We don't get "NO" anymore when we mention the potty so we were thrilled. However, it has resulted in a lot of movie watching for Sophia, which I do not like. We have also invested in another potty movie with a girl names Hannah. I forget the name of the movie but it too has a potty song. It is also very cute but, good grief, I am tired of them.

On other notes, Jim is telling me that Sophia just identified all of her colors, including brown and she can identify circles and ovals. She can name ovals. She has mastered a 15 piece shape sorter and tonight was just putting together a puzzle that involved putting two pieces together to make the picture, as opposed to just putting one piece in the slot. I realize to some of you out there that this may sound like bragging but I really just proud of her and want to share her accomplishments. I am her MOM after all, isn't that what mom's are supposed to do? Anyway, James is rolling over now and today I found him in his crib, laying on his belly and face, with his left arm and leg stuck through the bars of the crib. He was NOT happy about this. I don't really like that he is doing this because he is not rolling from his belly to back very well. He does do back to belly well though. Monday we have his 4 month appointment. I can't wait to see how much he has grown!!

No comments: