Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Catching Up

It is time to catch everyone up on what has been going on. I forget what I have already blogged on so if I repeat anything I am sorry. Just bear with me. First off, Jim got home from his hiking trip on Saturday and he had a great time. They saw lots of bears and some were in their campsite (scary!). I have yet to see the pictures but all the men made it home safely. While he was gone, the kids and I had a great time. We stayed super busy. The first part of the week we were at Mom and Dad and I did some painting (which I LOVED). When we came home we had the maids here, errands to run, the Schwan man to treat us, my speech therapy child graduated, my sitter cancelled, breakfast with Suz and Maria, a visit to the Honda dealer, pictures to pick up, and a garage sale. Speaking of the garage sale, I thought it was a lot of fun. Beck did it with me and Lisa came over to help. All of us went shopping around the neighborhood too. Beck ended up buying a crib and Adam got a bike. Matthew got some toys (which Adam wanted to trade is bike in for - funny boy). Sophia got some My Little Ponies, a CareBear doll, some small toys from Beck, and lots of books I bought to kids a ladybug tent. There is a picture of it below. Len and Suz brought over a picnic table and more books for the kids too. Sophia LOVES the picnic table. She has colored on it everyday so far.



Sophia was sick this week. Her fever got up to 103.3. We saw Suzanne several times over the weekend for various things so she said it was probably viral. She has seen a LOT of hand-foot-mouth but Sophia never developed the blisters that accompany this. Jim tested her for strep and the results were negative. I guess it was a run-of-the-mill virus. Anyway, after 3 days of illness, she seems to be back to normal. Today she was laughing and running around like normal and her appetite was back as well. James so far hasn't developed any symptoms so that is good. Now we are just trying to plan out the rest of the week. With the illness, we missed Sophia and James' Gymboree class so on Thursday I think we will make up Sophia's class. We will make up James' class on Saturday. Sophia and I are supposed to ride in the Tour de Carmel on Saturday but I can't find a babysitter for James. Anyone want to watch James for me????


James and Daddy after Jim got home from the airport. Everyone was happy to see him.


Sophia and Mommy

Sophia is still doing well with potty training. At first she was doing awesome but then we hit the "NO" stage so we took it easy and didn't pressure her. Now she is back to wanting to sit on the potty again. I think it is because we wash hands afterwards and she thinks it is fun to make bubbles on her hands with the soap. Hey, whatever works right?!

No comments: