Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Zoo

Today we went to the Indianapolis Zoo. It was a great trip. All of the animals were in the best spots and they were all awake and moving around. Of course though, I forgot my camera. Every single time we go to the zoo I forget it. Today would have been the perfect day to take pictures too. I guess I'll try again next time.

We got to the zoo as it opened so there were very few people. We went straight to the koalas and they were so cute! I loved them! They were awake, which I guess is pretty lucky to see, and they were eating their breakfast. Very cool! The giraffes were right by the fence. A kangaroo was sifting through the rocks right by the walkway. The elephants were drinking the water. One rhino was laying in the mud next to the lookout post and the other rhino was walking around. The lemurs were scaring away the ducks. The seals were mating. The lion was eating a chunk of frozen meat - yuk! The tigers were in a great spot and looking right at us - scary! Well that all I can think of about the cook animals. We went to the dolphin show and Sophia sat through the whole thing. I think she really liked it. She was even a big girl and drank from a milk carton at lunch. She was funny - she ate my lunch and I ate hers.

The whole trip was a huge success - even James enjoyed it (I think - he slept the entire day). It was all a success until we were looking at the sharks. Jim set Sophia down and it was like her mind said to go forward but her feet went backward. Anyway, she fell, hitting her mouth/chin on the rail and busting up the inside of her lip. It was bleeding and turned all black and purple. Her lip was really swollen but she is alright. She is still napping anyway.

Well, gotta go - James is awake and hungry.

No comments: