Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fever Germ

My little baby has her first fever!! I thought Sophia felt hot all afternoon and I mentioned it to Jim but I didn't want to sound like a worried, over-protective mother (although I will admit that I am and there is nothing wrong with that!!). Finally I convinced him around 6:30 that we needed to take her temperature because she felt even hotter. And, before you go any further with your thoughts... I know I can check her temperature without Jim but I didn't want to be a Miss Worry-wart so if I have someone else a little concerned with me then I don't feel so bad. All this, of course, being after we went to the park to play. Well, Sophia had a fever of 102.2!! We gave her Tylenol and Jim did a little check-up on her but after an hour her fever was only down to 101.8. Poor sweetie! It's funny though, she acted fine until we realized she had a fever and then all of a sudden, all she wanted was to be around Mommy. We laid on the couch together and watched a Baby Einstein. She is so cute.

No comments: